Custom training for your team
Invest in your biggest business asset – your people.
Business is built on communicating effectively. Regardless of your industry or the nature of your organisation, effective communications helps your people be efficient, grow your brand awareness, reach through screens to pluck the heartstrings of strangers and ultimately, do business.
Communications done well should overcome misconceptions and misunderstandings, bring diverse viewpoints together towards a constructive goal, and make people feel seen and heard.
Brook McCarthy, writing here in third person, is a professional communicator with 17 years experience in online communications, and a background in Public Relations.
People’s attention is our most valuable thing. Whether you’re communicating through your website or other people’s, email, social media, or print or broadcast media, I can help ensure that you don’t squander other’s attention. Ensure your communications are on-point, memorable, compelling and pitch-perfect.
We’ve developed and delivered custom training for:
Workplace training on digital communications
I deliver digital communications workplace training to help ensure your organisation is relevant, sensitive, responsive, emotionally powerful, and action-focused.
Particularly when you’re undergoing a period of rapid growth or making key strategic changes, in-house digital communications training is a fast and efficient way of ensuring your relevant departments are aligned and engaged.
If you need a communications trainer with up-to-the-minute, real-world business experience, who’s also adept at training and facilitation, then get in touch.
Magnetic messaging that reaches through screens to pluck the heartstrings of strangers
Optimising your website
Densely branded language
How to start a business; how to start a creative side hustle
Blogging for business
Sales & money conversations, naturally & easily
Facilitation / speaking:
Women, money, power, identity
Vision, mission, values, purpose
Diversity and inclusion
Building your professional reputation and personal brand
Your Intrepid Guide, Business Coach & Digital Marketing Trainer
Hi! I’m Brook McCarthy.
I’m head trainer and business coach here at Hustle & Heart.
Since 2005, I’ve been a communications professional. With a background in Public Relations, I’m not just teaching you how to communicate, but to anticipate how your message will likely be received.
From Brisbane to Perth, Sydney to Byron Bay, I’ve run small group courses and classes over the last eight years on magnetic marketing, digital ninja skills, and values-based business.
These courses are the result of years spent in the trenches, helping small business owners across a diversity of industries, to create compelling marketing and widen their reach. No fluff. No hype. Just highly practical marketing and sales courses to help you magnify your impact online.
If you want training or coaching for your team, community or organisation, that’s delivered in plain English, that aims to demystify the digital arena, and empower participants with practical skills (not just pages of notes), then let’s talk.
Micro client case studies:
- Designed an online program on marketing for artists and delivered this online, to students across Australia, on behalf of the National Association of the Visual Arts.
- Designed a training program on digital marketing essentials on behalf of Daikin Australia, delivered face-to-face in Perth, Adelaide, Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Newcastle, to Daikin’s distributors, all small business owners.
- Designed and delivered business blogging training on behalf of Macquarie Group, both face-to-face in Sydney, as well as online, to software engineers in New York, London and New Delhi, in order to showcase Macquarie engineering work.
- Delivered keynote address on behalf of Australia Post on the topic of digital marketing trends, to their audience, small business owners.
- Delivered digital marketing training to Vision Personal Training franchise owners.
- Designed and delivered a two-day digital marketing training online, on behalf of Mindzallera, a Malaysian training institution.
- Guest lectured on social media video on behalf of Swinburne University, to digital marketing students.
- Designed and delivered online training as a special guest for various open days for vocational colleges on various topics including ‘How to Start a Business’.
- Delivered keynote address on ‘Unconventional Careers’ and ‘Future-Proof your Careers’ on behalf of training institutes, vocational colleges and universities.
Participants at my public courses and workplace training courses hail from industries and sectors, including:
- Public Relations, communications, marketing and advertising
- Social enterprise, for-purpose, not-from-profits
- Health and wellbeing
- Financial services
- Building construction
- As well as other business-to-business professional services industries not mentioned here.
I’d seen Brook at one of her courses and was impressed by her ability to quickly and easily explain technical and complex subjects in plain English. Australia Post engaged Brook to present on ‘digital marketing trends for small businesses’ at four of our ‘Grow and Go’ events in Sydney. Brook’s insights, energy and audience interaction were very impressive. I recommend Brook if you’re looking for a speaker or trainer who’s energetic, knowledgable, relatable and cutting-edge without being intimidating.
We engaged Brook as a digital marketing subject matter expert to write course materials for us. Her involvement helped this complex project to run seamlessly. Brook not only deeply understands the complex aspects of digital marketing, but is able to communicate them lucidly and with great empathy for her audience. Her initiative and intuition are commendable and her ability to ‘get stuff done’ was a huge asset.
As well as technical writing, Brook also appeared on camera and was a natural. She was dedicated to producing top quality content as well as a pleasure to work with! We would unhesitatingly recommend Brook as a professional, competent and friendly educator in the digital marketing space. We look forward to an opportunity to work with her again.
Brook ran a half-day session in our studio for a group of 18 gym studio owners on digital and social media marketing.Brook quickly and easily grasped the situation for the majority of attendees and broke down the technology into simple steps and plain English. The training was full of highly practical, creative ideas for our brand to help us stand out among the over-saturated health and fitness market.
I followed up the training by engaging Brook to train two of my staff to implement a social media and email strategy and schedule. Since training with Brook, she’s helped transform our social media and we have so much more client engagement as a result. Brook is very good at what she does and makes it really easy to comprehend for technically-challenged people like myself!
The content was so valuable and practical for us all and you have such a wonderful nature in presentation. The talk came across as very real and genuine. I’ve heard nothing but great reports. Love your work.
How it works
First, we arrange a time to talk, so that I can begin to understand your needs, the participants of the training, and the overall goals of your organisation.
Then I’ll send you a quote. When you’re happy, a 50 per cent deposit secures your booking time (the final 50 per cent is due seven days before our training session).
Once we’ve got all the paperwork squared away, I create a tailor-made workplace communications training program to help you achieve your objectives. And customise all training content to include relevant industry or sector examples.