Digital Marketing Training
Invest in your biggest business asset – your people.
Upskill your team so they can communicate with power, empathy and impact. Brook McCarthy is a highly experienced trainer and facilitator who makes learning fun.
Learn how to magnetise people to you, overcome misconceptions and misunderstandings, bring diverse viewpoints together towards a constructive goal, and make people feel seen and heard.
Digital communications and marketing is vastly different to communicating face-to-face. Whether you’re communicating through your website or other people’s, email, social media, or print or broadcast media, ensure your communications are on-point, memorable, compelling and pitch-perfect.
I deliver digital communications workplace training to help ensure your organisation is relevant, sensitive, responsive, emotionally powerful, and action-focused.
Particularly when you’re undergoing a period of rapid growth or making key strategic changes, custom digital communications training is a fast and efficient way of ensuring your relevant departments are aligned and engaged.
Some of Hustle & Heart’s custom and workplace training clients
Some of the training topics I cover:
Fast, effective, social media marketing
Writing your marketing plan & strategy
Optimising your website
Blogging for business
Online community-building through email marketing & social media
Writing for the web: words with impact
Building your brand by saying something worth listening to
Online sales & sales optimisation
Your Intrepid Guide, Business Coach & Digital Marketing Trainer
Hi! I’m Brook McCarthy.
I’m head trainer and business coach here at Hustle & Heart.
With 15 years’ experience in online communications and a background in Public Relations, I’m well regarded for helping make the complex simple, and communications highly creative, empathetic, values-based, and one-of-a-kind. I won’t just teach you how to better communicate, but also anticipate how your message will likely be received.
From Brisbane to Perth, Sydney to Byron Bay, I’ve run small group courses and classes over the last eight years on magnetic marketing, digital skills, and values-based business.
These courses are the result of years spent in the trenches, helping small business owners across a diversity of industries, to create compelling marketing and widen their reach. No fluff. No hype. Just highly practical digital marketing and online sales courses to help you magnify your impact online.
If you need a communications trainer with up-to-the-minute, real-world business experience, delivered in plain English, that empower participants with real life, practical skills (not just pages of notes), then let’s talk.
Micro client case studies
- Designed an online program on marketing for artists and delivered this online, to students across Australia, on behalf of the National Association of the Visual Arts.
- Designed a training program on digital marketing essentials on behalf of Daikin Australia, delivered face-to-face in Perth, Adelaide, Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Newcastle, to Daikin’s distributors, all small business owners.
- Designed and delivered business blogging training on behalf of Macquarie Group, both face-to-face in Sydney, as well as online, to software engineers in New York, London and New Delhi, in order to showcase Macquarie engineering work.
- Delivered keynote address on behalf of Australia Post on the topic of digital marketing trends, to their audience, small business owners.
- Delivered digital marketing training to Vision Personal Training franchise owners.
- Designed and delivered a two-day digital marketing training online, on behalf of Mindzallera, a Malaysian training institution.
- Guest lectured on social media video on behalf of Swinburne University, to digital marketing students.
- Designed and delivered online training as a special guest for various open days for vocational colleges on various topics including ‘How to Start a Business’.
- Delivered keynote address on ‘Unconventional Careers’ and ‘Future-Proof your Careers’ on behalf of training institutes, vocational colleges and universities.
I’d seen Brook at one of her courses and was impressed by her ability to quickly and easily explain technical and complex subjects in plain English. Australia Post engaged Brook to present on ‘digital marketing trends for small businesses’ at four of our ‘Grow and Go’ events in Sydney. Brook’s insights, energy and audience interaction were very impressive. I recommend Brook if you’re looking for a speaker or trainer who’s energetic, knowledgable, relatable and cutting-edge without being intimidating.
We engaged Brook as a digital marketing subject matter expert to write course materials for us. Her involvement helped this complex project to run seamlessly. Brook not only deeply understands the complex aspects of digital marketing, but is able to communicate them lucidly and with great empathy for her audience. Her initiative and intuition are commendable and her ability to ‘get stuff done’ was a huge asset.
As well as technical writing, Brook also appeared on camera and was a natural. She was dedicated to producing top quality content as well as a pleasure to work with! We would unhesitatingly recommend Brook as a professional, competent and friendly educator in the digital marketing space. We look forward to an opportunity to work with her again.
Brook ran a half-day session in our studio for a group of 18 gym studio owners on digital and social media marketing.Brook quickly and easily grasped the situation for the majority of attendees and broke down the technology into simple steps and plain English. The training was full of highly practical, creative ideas for our brand to help us stand out among the over-saturated health and fitness market.
I followed up the training by engaging Brook to train two of my staff to implement a social media and email strategy and schedule. Since training with Brook, she’s helped transform our social media and we have so much more client engagement as a result. Brook is very good at what she does and makes it really easy to comprehend for technically-challenged people like myself!
The content was so valuable and practical for us all and you have such a wonderful nature in presentation. The talk came across as very real and genuine. I’ve heard nothing but great reports. Love your work.
How it works
First, we arrange a time to talk, so that I can begin to understand your needs, the participants of the training, and the overall goals of your organisation.
Then I’ll send you a quote. When you’re happy, a 50 per cent deposit secures your booking time (the final 50 per cent is due seven days before our training session).
Once we’ve got all the paperwork squared away, I create a tailor-made workplace communications training program to help you achieve your objectives. And customise all training content to include relevant industry or sector examples.