Intuitive Business Coaching
Is this you?
You’ve done the hard yards of building your business and you’re ready to intentionally design and create a business and life that works for you
Your emotions tend to wax and wane depending on how your business is and you’re keen to break this cycle of tying your profits and productivity to your mood
You don’t want to play ‘follow the leader’; instead, you want to develop deep intuition, self-trust and technical skills in discernment and decision making
You’ve been told your business is different but you struggle to explain this, simply and compellingly
You want to position your brand without compromise, saying something worth listening to and doing something worth talking about. You’re ready to be bold
You don’t just want more profit, you want to grow a sustainable, meaningful business that feels good and does good
Business coaching for the whole individual
Intuitive business coaching isn’t fluffy and vague. Instead, we focus on cultivating your emotional intelligence, self-insight and self-trust so that you’re better able to coach yourself. Combining left and right brain thinking, you are coached as an individual human being with a business, not an owner with an (ever growing) to-do list.
We work with your particular psychology, social conditioning, business- and life-experience to play to your strengths, mitigate your weaknesses, and develop not just your business, but your whole life.
Intuitive business coaching is an equal, empowered partnership of two individuals coming together to co-create the best path forward for you, your business, your vision and legacy, and the lives of your loved ones.
Business, done differently.
You’re fiercely independent and derive great satisfaction from crafting your own living, on your own terms, using your own smarts.
Running your own business isn’t easy, that’s for damn sure
As a business owner for fourteen years now, believe me when I say I know how you feel.
Success is not a specific number. It’s not about how famous your clients are or how many awards you’ve won.
It’s not common to define your own idea of what success means to you and then have the courage to go for it. More commonly, business owners push themselves too hard and end up burnt out, highly cynical, depressed, anxious and over it.
It takes guts to last the distance. It takes courage to create your own path. It takes a special kind of individual to work for love and money.
Yes, you can figure this out by yourself.
But why would you when you can go far faster, far further, and have far more fun in the process?
Intuitive business coaching gives you clarity and confidence
Going against the mainstream business world will antagonise the worst of our social conditioning, as our inner critic tries to stop us from making a fool of ourselves.
It’s hard work when your friends and family don’t get what you’re trying to do. It’s disempowering receiving totally irrelevant and thoroughly banal business advice and coaching – you may start to question your desires and repress your ambitions (don’t do that!).
If you’re ready to do business differently, I can help. Let’s save time, money, angst, and inject way more joy into the process of building your business, your way.
Brook is a no-nonsense, very practical, effective coach. She set me up with systems for managing outreach, helped refine my pitches, got me moving on various marketing projects. Her style is straightforward and honest, and she really knows her stuff. I definitely recommend Brook for small business coaching!
Working with Brook was amazing and inspiring. Brook easily helped me identify my mental blocks and nudge me comfortably into action. She kept me accountable and focused, and helped unpack ideas and offers from my head into meaningful solutions for my clients. I loved my time with Brook and not only would I recommend her, I’m hoping to re-engage our coaching in the near future.
Brook has the holy grail combo of no-nonsense business first, with a marketing lens.
Coaching with Brook has renewed my faith in my own decision-making compass. The launch of three unique product lines has been far more scalable and less reliant on my personal contacts and my personal hours. I’d happily recommend Brook’s business coaching.
Brook understands online businesses at a grassroots level. She knows her stuff – well! A compassionate, yet direct coach, she doesn’t waste time selling a concept, getting distracted or trying to change everything to “her way”. She works with you where you are whilst directing you clearly and practically to your goals. I recommend her coaching and programs to anyone who is ready to do the work and go to the next level.
Hi, I’m Brook McCarthy
I’ve been a business coach for more than 10 years now, and have more than 16 years’ experience in communications, including Public Relations, digital marketing and copy writing. I’ve run my own business since 2008.
I’ve been told I’m not a typical business coach. I don’t have a degree in business or marketing, yet I teach business and marketing at university and vocational training colleges around Australia, as well as internationally.
I learnt about business and marketing in the real world. My father was a small business owner and, at the ripe old age of 17, I was answering the phone to creditors seeking payment. I did my Dad’s books for years, and supported him through his business partnership dissolving, and the radical changes of growing and shrinking a consultancy.
I also learnt business when working in Cambodia and Vietnam for two years as a small group tour leader. This role was the steepest learning curve of my career, giving me skills in intercultural communication, bonding a diverse group of individuals in highly stressful situations, dealing with the 6,789 unforeseeable situations as those arose, self-confident communication, and the art of making quick, and sometimes difficult, decisions without missing a beat.
I’ve coached innumerable business owners, as well as business coaches, aspiring business coaches, marketers and organisational consultants over the last 10 years, who come to me to reposition and reinvent themselves, rediscover their energy and turbocharge their creativity.
I well understand the quest for meaningful work, because this has been my path. We all bring meanings to, and derive meanings from, our work; this is doubly so when we’re self-employed. There’s a better way to build your business – where you’ll know when you’ve arrived and can honestly say “it’s all been worth it”.
Brook McCarthy has been a wonderful business coach over the past six months. She has helped me grow professionally and personally, to consider how best to re-position my small business and move on with great marketing. I highly recommended her services.
I find Brook’s clarity really helpful. She challenges a lot of my assumptions and gets me out of my comfort zone. I had a huge amount of practical advice on all sorts of things. Brook’s advice on improving SEO led to a new client finding me only through my website for the first time ever! I feel far more confident in my business and where I’m headed since coaching.
I decided to engage Brook as my business coach because I wanted someone ‘in the know’ to support me during my first online course launch. Brook was, variously, my teacher, trainer, cheer squad, confidant, accountability coach, and business manager and it made the whole experience that much easier. Brook is a great combination of supportive, plain speaking, encouraging, and firm when required.
After seven years of relying on word-of-mouth to keep my yoga business ticking along, I’m now seeing obvious positive changes having worked with Brook. I wouldn’t hesitate in recommending her.
One-to-one business coaching with me isn’t a pre-prepared program but a choose-your-own adventure
Together, we may cover:
Business by design
Businesses often grows organically in a direction that doesn’t really work for the business owner. We’ll dig into your strengths, childhood and other socialisation influences, deeper desires, big vision, and lifestyle aspirations, to intentionally craft your business by design.
Drawing from my 17 years’ experience in digital marketing and my background in Public Relations, we can design a marketing plan that’s guided by your values and works to pluck the heartstrings of strangers.
Purpose-led or social enterprise
If you’re keen to develop your for-profit business into a social enterprise, or want your values and purpose to lead your business, I can help, having extensive experience in both worlds.
Developing your decision-making skills
Decision-making is a key skill for all business owners to master. It’s a combination of critical thinking, self-trust, and emotional intelligence. We hone your decision-making skills so that you can move faster, with far less angst, worry and overthinking.
Know your strengths
We’ll dive deep into your particular stories, talents, experiences and expertise in order to play to your strengths, better define your point of difference and know how to work in a way which works with your innate strengths, not against them.
Defining your business’s difference is firstly about clarity, then about courageous execution. The more you can embrace your differences, the more powerfully your marketing will work to attract your ideal clients that make business a joy.
Profits and pricing
Clarity around profit means you make empowered decisions and can price your offerings accordingly.
Designing and refining your unique offerings
Transform your offerings so they speak directly to the wants and desires of your ideal clients while also working to your particular strengths and passions, so they’re truly proprietarily yours.
To intentionally craft a business that works for you, you need compelling communication skills, not only to for your marketing, but for communicating with your team, advocating for your needs in your personal life, and being lovingly and directly honest with yourself.
I LOVED working with Brook for one-on-one coaching. Her expertise, fun personality and her practical deliverance of advice made my time working with her so very enjoyable. I got so much out of our sessions and have seen a noticeable increase in my productivity and income. I love the systems I now have in place thanks to Brook and I am moving forward with a newfound confidence to continue to grow my business.
Brook is such a wonderful ally to have in your corner as you traverse the business high-wire. Her knowledge and experience is invaluable and her open, honest, down-to-earth approach is a breath of fresh air. Working with her is sure to remove your barriers and take your business to the next level.
How one-to-one business coaching works:
- All good things take time. Business coaching is a six-month commitment of 13 sessions together, on a fortnightly basis.
- Our first session together is 90-120 minutes as we attempt to empty your head into mine. We review where you’re at and where you want to be, and uncover key goals you have for your business coaching. Following sessions are 60 minutes.
- Together, we develop your Action Plan which includes the key short-term and long-term goals we’ve set together. This is a collaborative, online document that ensures you’ll always know what you’re doing, what to prioritise, and (most importantly) what you don’t have to worry about.
- You have access to me in between sessions via email and Voxer for any freak-outs and epiphanies, clarifying questions, or “help please!” requests for further information.
- You have a 30% discount code to use against any courses or classes to use within our six months together.
- You’ll have access to my little black book of trusted industry experts (invaluable!). If you need a copywriter, website designer, SEO nerd, photographer, videographer, PR person or extraordinary organising-type person, I can help you find the right person and work with them (and no, I didn’t find them on Fiverr or through a quick Google search, and I don’t recommend you do this either!).
- Supporting information, templates and exercises, as relevant, which I’ve developed and tested in large and small training groups.
Who this IS for:
- You're energetic and ambitious.
- You're ready to change (for the better!).
- You're ready to move beyond old patterns and habits and bring a clear-eyed plan to your growth.
- You're willing to be open and honest.
This ISN'T for you if:
- You haven't yet launched (check out my courses instead).
- You're looking for a secret formula or quick fix, without any additional effort on your part.
- You don't want to do any follow-through actions or homework after our sessions, you just want to talk.
- You're unwilling to look at any problematic thinking and beliefs, self-sabotaging tendencies, or old, unhelpful stories that you might have.
- Please no whiners, complainers, projectors, blamers, nit-pickers, perfectionists, and those looking for a mother figure (I'm not your gal).
Essential info on one-to-one business coaching:
- Business coaching is a six-month commitment of 13 sessions together, on a fortnightly basis.
- Although I'm based in Sydney, Australia, I coach business owners online, across the world, particularly in Australia, Canada, the US, and Asia Pacific.
- Our first session together is 90-120 minutes as we attempt to empty your head into mine. We review where you're at and where you want to be, and uncover key goals you have for your business coaching. Following sessions are 60 minutes.
- Your website audit, done within two weeks of our first session.
- Together, we develop your Action Plan which includes the key short-term and long-term goals we've set together, as well as your homework. This is a collaborative, online document that ensures you'll always know what you're doing, what to prioritise, and (most importantly) what you don't have to worry about.
- Support from our Hustle & Heart Accountability Coach and Client Concierge, Kate Cowley.
- You have access to me in between sessions, via email, for sharing updates, epiphanies, and celebrations, or requests for further information.
- You have access to any of my short, 90-minute, live online classes that happen during our time together.
You have a 30% discount for my flagship group program, Hustle & Heart, which is available for you to use within a 12-month period of our coaching finishing.
- You'll have access to my little black book of trusted industry experts (invaluable!). If you need a copywriter, website designer, SEO nerd, photographer, videographer, PR person or extraordinary organising-type person, I can help you find the right person and work with them (and no, I didn't find them on Fiverr or through a quick Google search, and I don't recommend you do this either!).
- Supporting information, checklists, templates and creative exercises, as relevant, which I've developed and tested in large and small training groups.
$10,000 AUD in full, or $1900/month over 6 months.
I work with a maximum of six one-to-one clients at the same time. I currently have capacity for one person. Is it you?
Working with Brook has been fast-moving, yet I’ve felt safe and motivated the entire time. She picked up on my situations very quickly and gave me the necessary mindset and encouragement to not doubt myself so much.
Since working with Brook, I wrote The Clean Yogi book and invited international yogis like Amy Ippoliti, Tiffany Cruickshank and others to contribute. I’ve taught at various festivals around Australia, including Evolve and Wanderlust. I spent almost three months in Fiji offering retreats and teaching yoga in 2014.
Brook taught me how to be more bold and direct in my communications with my clients and collaborators and to see things as they are, without feeling so personally affected. It felt safe to express my fears, struggles and to be honest, because you created the space for it and you were too. The sessions were intense, focused and always left me with a juicy heap of inspiration and motivation.