Business coaching for business owners
I help you to better define their difference and grow your professional reputation, so you can attract (far) more ideal clients.
You've been self-employed for at least 18 months in a services business (you don't sell goods)
You get word-of-mouth referrals, but business is neither steady nor predictable
You have plenty of ideas but have trouble discerning the great ones from the rest
You’ve been told your business is different but you struggle to explain this, simply and compellingly
You're already marketing regularly, but know you could get better
You value an expert opinion to move your business forward from someone who has extensive, real-world experience and isn't a career coach
You want someone unafraid of difficult conversation, who honestly wants to move your business forward, not just tell you that everything is wonderful
You’re fiercely independent and derive great satisfaction from crafting your own living, on your own terms, using your own smarts.
Self-employment ain’t easy. I salute you. As a business owner for ten years now, believe me when I say I know how you feel.
I’ve met countless extremely talented people who are truly gifted at what they do, with clients who adore them, but they are struggling to earn good money and feeling tired, worn down and perhaps a little over it. They often believe that they need to figure everything out by themselves.
That is simply not true.
Business coaches are only good for two things
There are just two things that business coaches are good for – blind spots and short-cuts. Our blind spots can cost us a lot of money. And the worst part? We’re oblivious. You don’t know what you don’t know. Sometimes a tiny tweak to your process or change in our perspective brings a massive leap forward.
Short-cuts save you time, money and heartache. Now I’m playing the long game in business and I suspect you are too. I’d far rather treat people well and trust that it’s coming back to me, than make a fast buck. But that doesn’t mean we’ll refuse a smart short-cut, right?
The process of working together is excellent. I’ve had a huge amount of practical advice on everything from putting together proposals to writing for my audience. Since coaching, I’ve made changes to my website, started blogging, changed where and how I work, and been far more productive. Brook’s advice on improving SEO led to a new client finding me only through my website for the first time ever! Brook cheered me on as I prepared my proposal and I landed a big new contract. I feel far more confident in my business and where I’m headed since coaching. Catherine O’Dwyer
Since working with Brook, I’ve taken big action in two key target areas that I identified when we started working together. I took a big step to invest financially in the business, in both systems and people. Our entire marketing is set up and automated now, so I’m less reliant on personal strengths and time constraints. We have a brand new beautiful website, thanks to Brook and her team. And I’ve engaged a social media person too, to generate credibility-boosting numbers and activity in social media.
Coaching with Brook has renewed my faith in my own decision making compass. The launch of three unique product lines has been far more scalable and less reliant on my personal contacts and my personal hours. Our second corporate event made a profit and received incredible feedback. And our brand is positioned to best capture the audience we want to sell to.
I’d happily recommend Brook’s business coaching. Cath Nolan
I’ve been told that I’m not a typical business coach
I’ve been working in small businesses my entire career. The steepest learning curve of my life was working in south-east Asia for two years as a small group tour leader. In this crazy busy job, I honed my interpersonal skills, quickly gaining people’s trust, bonding a group of diverse, intercultural individuals in a variety of unpredictable and sometimes stressful situations, and learnt to make quick, and sometimes difficult, decisions without missing a beat.
Prior to starting my business in 2008, I worked in Public Relations, which is where I first started in online communications. When managing the website of a large multinational corporation, we consistently blew our best-ever month-on-month results so much so that the communications head in Sweden wanted to know exactly what I was doing. It was easy to explain – I was simply writing more interesting, newsworthy, topical articles in a respectful, intelligent tone-of-voice.
In 2008, I struck out on my own and, within three months of commencing, had six retainer clients and was earning the same as in my former PR agency role. Since 2008, I’ve work with hundreds of sole traders, business owners and entrepreneurs from a variety of industries, on how to sharpen their strategy, tighten their focus, magnify their reach and grow their business.
I’ve been told I’m not a typical business coach. I’ve been told I’m more like a marketing consultant, business advisor, or reputation strategist, than a “normal” business coach. I’m highly practical, with real-world, up-to-date digital marketing experience. I’m also opinionated. That means you won’t get the same-old out-of-the-box solutions that every book/blog/webinar regurgitates and I won’t waste your time with broad recommendations that you’d find in any business book.
I want to help you build something that will endure – which means sustainable marketing and a solid business model that works to your strengths.
After seven years of relying on word-of-mouth to keep my yoga business ticking along, I’m now seeing obvious positive changes having worked with Brook.
I wouldn’t hesitate in recommending her public courses and coaching. Mitch Gibson
Together, we can cover:
Business by design
Uncover your ideal client
Know your strengths
Define your difference
Profits and pricing
Designing and refining your seductive offerings
Devilish digital details
Since working with Brook, I wrote The Clean Yogi book and invited international yogis like Amy Ippoliti, Tiffany Cruickshank and others to contribute. I’ve taught at various festivals around Australia, including Evolve and Wanderlust. I spent almost three months in Fiji offering retreats and teaching yoga in 2014, and I stayed grounded and focused – most of the time – even being involved in so many massive things.
Brook taught me how to be more bold and direct in my communications with my clients and collaborators and to see the things as they are, without feeling so personally affected. It felt safe to express my fears, struggles and to be honest, because you created the space for it and you were too. The sessions were intense, focused and always left me with a juicy heap of inspiration and motivation. I felt strong and totally on the right path. Alexa Nehter
Essential information & investment:
- Coaching with me is a minimum four month commitment, with the option to commit month-to-month beyond that.
- We meet online twice a month for four months (eight sessions in total).
- Our first session together is 90-120 minutes as we attempt to empty your head into mine! We review where you’re at and where you want to be, and nail key goals you have for your business coaching.
- The following seven sessions are 60 minutes each.
- You’ll receive recordings of all our sessions together with 24 hours of our call.
- Your action plan is developed together throughout our coaching. You’ll always know what you’re doing, what to prioritise, and (most importantly) what you don’t have to worry about.
- Email me in between our sessions for those freak-outs/epiphanies, clarifying questions or “help please” requests for further information.
- My little black book of trusted industry experts (invaluable!). Need a copywriter, website designer, SEO nerd, photographer, videographer, PR person or extraordinary organising-type person? I know just the guy (and no, I didn’t find them on Fiverr).
- Supporting information, templates and exercises that I’ve developed, which have been tried and tested in large and small training groups and with my clients.
- A 10% discount to my flagship group coaching program, Hustle & Heart, to be used within two years of commencing coaching with me.
$2400 in full upfront (excluding GST) or $690 per month for 4 months (excluding GST).
This could be perfect for you if:
- You’re not afraid of hard work but you want to see results, dammit!
- You want to whip things into streamlined, super-organised, optimised-and-radicalised shape.
- You want your brand to be a far more accurate and powerful reflection of your business.
- You want to spoil your clients and community and make them feel special, while also respecting your own boundaries, knowing that you have to be in the best shape possible if you are to truly be of service to your community.
- You appreciate that the most effective businesses are always experimenting, testing and refining and the most successful business owners aren’t afraid of taking chances.
This won’t work if:
- You are looking to for a secret formula to grow your business quickly without any additional effort.
- You can’t afford this (I do not recommend you go into debt for business coaching).
- You already have a plan and know what you need to do but you need motivation (you’ll likely want a motivational coach. That’s not me, but I’ll happily recommend someone if you get in touch).
- You’re looking to give away responsibility for your business failures as well as successes.
- You aren’t willing or able to dedicate at least two extra hours a week, on top of your normal work, to put plans into action outside of our sessions.
Ready to talk?
If you’re read this page, know what’s involved and are keen to do business coaching with me, then schedule yourself in for a 15 minute chat so we can see if we’re suited to each other.
After you pick your time, you’ll be directed to fill out a form so that I can learn a little more about you and your business.